Saturday 26 May 2012

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day 6

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

Recap of Day 5

I finally got caught up on Handwashing. I ended up washing 5 buckets full of flats (about 8 flats and 1-2 covers plus wipes and liners) throughout the day. After washing the first three loads I started using a wet pail. This seamed to save time and energy during the last 2 loads that I washed last night . My drying rack only holds about 12 flats, I had the rest hanging all over the house. All where dry this morning except the Bamboo Flats, yet again. I spent a large part of my day washing/wringing/hanging diapers, my other daily chores and duties have been neglected. The biggest lesson I have learned, don't fall behind on handwashing. I have a long busy day ahead of me, time to play catch up.

.
 the Jo fold




 


No comments:

Post a Comment